Wednesday, December 10, 2008

1 pound

Okay, by making such a big deal about 1 pound, I will have to talk about the discussion my doc and I had to have about my weight gain. At my last appointment, Dr. Casanova brought up the fact that I had already put on close to 30 pounds - like I didn't know this! I guess he figured it was perfect timing to have this said chat seeing as this was the first appointment Jon was able to attend and what wife doesn't what her husband to be in the same room when the topic of weight is being discussed?!? I knew from the beginning that I was going to gain more than the average gal as I am usually pretty obsessive about my diet and exercise regime. Dr. C wasn't necessarily worried as my glucose test and blood pressure both look great, he just wanted to make sure I knew why I was putting on the extra pounds. Can anyone say, cheeseburgers and fries? Isn't the old saying, "If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy?" Well, this mama has been very, very happy. Any who, I decided to be a girl girl the last two weeks - minus the Thanksgiving holiday of course - and pay more attention to what I was eating. It paid off and I only put on 1 pound! Too bad I didn't get to see Dr. Casanova to gloat but Dr. Yeomans allowed me to celebrate all the same.

I am going to do my best to get some pictures of myself posted very soon especially now that all of you are picturing me 30 pounds heavier and are probably curious as to where all that weight is currently residing. Also, I am expecting lots of comments from fellow mom readers about how much weight they put on during pregnancy as a form of moral support :)

2 comments:

The Cornelisons said...

When I was pregnant with Greyson I gained 40 pounds. Never in my life had I been so close to weighing as much as my husband! This go round I've already put on 30 and we've still got about 4 more weeks to go, so I'm thinking more like 45 this go round :) But I can honestly say that I lost more weight and weighed less than I had before Greyson was born about a year a half later - so there is hope!

The Campbell's said...

Yeah don't feel bad. I gained about 60 with Braden, and 45 with Cooper. I lost the weight with Braden in 3 weeks, and I have already lost 20 after just having Cooper Tuesday. You were active before, so you will have no problems whatsoever. I do want to see belly pics though!