Tuesday, February 10, 2009

some basic math

no signs of labor + one last boys trip = a great weekend for all
Since Dr. Casanova assured us that Baby Wyatt probably wouldn't be making a grand entrance anytime soon, Jon ventured with the guys to a ranch in south Texas for a bachelor party. I was all for the chance to watch girly movies in my pj's all weekend.

blind as a bat + middle-of-the-night feedings = new glasses
I bit the bullet and bought new glasses for the first time in about 6 years. Oh what a difference!


another craving + Sonic's Dollar Menu = slight disappointment
I have a feeling most of their $1 items are on the mini size.


birthday party + 37 weeks pregnant = no jumping allowed
My good friend Jill's son, Tyler, celebrated his 2nd birthday at Jumpin' Jungle on Friday night. I found it humorous to be told by a teenager that I was forbidden from jumping and sliding.


a quiet baby + a husband out of town = a trip to the hospital
Baby Wyatt decided to test me by becoming very inactive for a lengthy period of time this weekend. Despite my attempts to irritate her into kicking me in the ribs, she was on lock down and not move for close to 24 hours. With Jon out of town, I got a little nervous and headed up to the hospital. They monitored her for about an hour and agreed that she was being less than active, however, when they put this buzzer on my belly she reacted very quickly so that put everyone at ease. I was sent home with a clean bill of health. Here's hoping there are no more spontaneous trips to the hospital, especially when Jon is 4 hours away.

the common cold + a pregnant woman = pure misery
Oh my, I am so sick. It's very frustrating to have been in such good health thus far, only to be slammed at the end with never ending coughing and sneezing. Let's just hope I can shake this thing quickly and manage not to give it to Jon.

1 comment:

The Cornelisons said...

So sorry you couldn't jump at the birthday party :( I would have made a sad face as well, especially if a teenager pointed it out to me!