Tuesday, May 19, 2009

cry, cry, baby

Sorry for the lack of posts...we haven't been up to much lately. Yesterday, was a slightly torturous day. Jon was on call and Presley was in a rotten mood most of the day. She did a whole lot of crying and my patience was truly tested. I thought I might have eaten something that was upsetting her but a call to the lactation consultant this morning squashed my theory. The L.C. said it was highly unlikely that I ate something that made her that upset. She actually thought Presley might be teething since she likes to rub her fist along her lower gums. We will try some Orajel and see if that stops the fussiness. I am thinking she still gets upset with gas and burps but we'll look into the teeth issue.

Any fellow mom advice on the evening tantrum?

This is a picture of Presley sleeping in her crib for the first time. I got her to take her morning nap in it. Such a big girl.
She is a master at getting out of her swaddle now.

2 comments:

Addisonsmomma said...

ok here is some advice that will save you many restless nights and your daytime sanity!! Invest in teething tablets, you can get them in the baby section at walgreens or any drug store. They are over the counter and herbal, but work WONDERS!! Em we STILL use them and we are working on the back teeth. I have even got my doctor to write a RX for them so she can have them at daycare!

The Cornelisons said...

For some reason Griffin screams for about half a hour every night around 6 or 6:30. I think it's just a part of his schedule, eat, nap, poop, scream for a bit, eat some more, poop and go to bed. I wish I knew what he was so upset about, but it's typically like clock work when his water works start.