Thursday, June 17, 2010

hello? are you there?

Sorry for the extreme delay in posting something other than pictures. Presley's PDO has been closed for the past two weeks so I have barely had time to shower let alone blog. But we are BACK! Back in PDO and back to blogging! Summer is in full swing around our house. Presley is taking swimming lessons two nights a week and we joined the Texas Tech Leisure Pool so we could enjoy some family swim time. The Leisure Pool is this AMAZING place on the Tech campus that was totally designed with families in mind. There is lazy river, lots of shallow areas for kids to walk around in and tons on those sprayer things that shoot up into the air. We are loving it to say the least. Other than all the pool time, we are staying busy playing and exercising with StrollerFit. On July 1, Jon will officially begin his 5th, and final, year as a resident. I couldn't be more proud of him. He works so hard so that I can stay home with Presley. Even after long days of operating, he comes home and gives 100% to his girls. I don't know how he does it.

So, I am not one to blog about food. Mostly because I can't cook and nothing I ever make would be worthy of sharing with other people. This, however, deserves a little blog space.


I have made two of these sweet things this week. (Don't tell Jon because neither of them were for him.) It's just such a fun summer dessert and super easy to make. Of course I stole the recipe from a friend so here's her credit. http://mcgeegirlscafe.blogspot.com/2009/08/fruit-pizza-1-cup-butter-1-cup-powdered.html#comments

I have managed to finish 3 sewing projects this morning and am headed to squeeze in a 4th before I have to pick up Presley. I heart PDO!!

No comments: