Friday, February 22, 2013

blessed to be a blessing


For one reason or another, we didn't get Landon baptized while we lived in Albuquerque. We never joined a church there and it would have been a long trip for everyone to make, so we put it off. The first 6 months have been super busy so it was one of those things that got put on the back burner yet again. We finally managed to make it a priority and this past Sunday, baptized our sweet boy in the church that I grew up in, the church that Jon and I got married in and the church we have returned to. I really didn't put much thought into the event itself and was surprised by all the extras that our church puts into a baptism. It was a very unique ceremony complete with a personalized song from the choir welcoming Landon into the church family. Landon did great! He got a little squirmy with me but was right at home in the pastor's arms. It was a really special day for our family. And Presley didn't disappoint and she loudly announced at the end that she had already been baptized.



A shout out to my blog...In preparing for Landon's baptism, Presley started asking all kinds of questions about when she was baptized. I was able to pull up my blog, click back to October 2009 and show her all the pictures of her special day. She asked me if she had cried and I told her I didn't remember, but there, in the paragraph I wrote describing her baptism was a sentence about her crying when she went to the pastor. Who needs baby books when you have a blog!

No comments: