Monday, August 26, 2013

tiny dancer

When I was growing up dance was my thing. I took at the same studio for 14 years. Well, guess who slipped into a leotard and tights and hit the very same dance floor? I talked Jon into letting Presley try an after-school activity this year and she chose dance. I looked around at different studios, but in the end, my nostalgia bone won out and I signed her up for the 4 year old class at my alma mater, Little Rock School of Dance. When we went to the open house, the memories came flooding back as I entered a building almost exactly the same as it was 15 years ago. There are 5 girls in her class and two teachers so I am hoping the small ratio will allow her to really learn lots of skills.
Presley LOVED her first class, and thanks to the classroom video monitors, I was able to spy and make sure she was paying attention. She is already asking about the "show" a.k.a. recital. The studio does one in December so she won't have to wait that long before hitting the stage. 




No comments: