Friday, March 20, 2015

cabin fever

I have been wanting to go camping just the 4 of us for a while now. I had visions of a relaxing weekend laying around a cabin, building campfires, trudging through the woods and just enjoying each other's company. Well, you know what they say about expectations...the weather got the best of us and it rained the entire time but even as I think back, we managed to do everything I listed above. The cabin was great (minus the fact that it was a duplex and we spent a lot of time telling the kids to stop screaming so as not to disturb our neighbors). We built fires inside the cabin to warm ourselves by. We trudged through the mud and the muck to see the iconic waterfall at its finest. And for the most part, we enjoyed each other's company. I have so many fond memories of camping when I was growing up so hopefully it can be something we get to do as a family too, rain or shine.

   
 
 
 
 
 
 
I took this picture because it sums up Presley pretty well...adventurous, a leader and a blazer of her own trail.

No comments: