Thursday, May 14, 2015

trail blazing

In January, my dad loaned me a book about a woman who thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail. A few weeks, and two additional books about the same woman, later and dad had a 50-mile hike on the trail all planned out for us. We are leaving on June 5 and heading to North Carolina where we will get on the trail close to the town of Elk Park. We will spend 4 nights on the trail and exit 50 miles later in Erwin, Tennessee. I am super excited to spend this special time with my dad doing something that he loves so much, and more importantly is really darn good at.

Signing a trail registry for the first time.

Out on a practice hike.

Our first hiking selfie.
 
 Doing a practice run sleeping in the backyard.
I made it to 2 am before I came inside and got into my real bed. Hey! It was just practice!
 
Cutting off my toothbrush to save weight.
(So I can take deodorant!)
 
Our last practice hike before the real deal.

No comments: