Wednesday, August 20, 2008

thump thump thump thump

I went to the Southwest OB/GYN Clinic for the first time today as an official OB patient. After filling out mounds of redundant paperwork, I was called to the back. The tech put the Doppler on my belly and proceeded to search for the heartbeat. I will always remember the next 30 seconds as the longest 30 seconds of my life. Finally, there it was. Woosh, woosh, woosh...a heartbeat. My baby's heartbeat. It was very strong and in the 160's. I was given permission to cry but held my emotions in check and let relief wash over me. A little more Q & A and some discussion of the financial end of this adventure - you need how much up front?!? - and I headed over to the lab for some blood work. Congratulations were sent my way from the next handful of folks I ran into. "Is this your first?"; "Are you excited?"; This all seems so foreign to me. Jon and I are still trying to take things one day at a time knowing the road ahead is long but with every passing moment I grow more and more excited about this amazing ride. Here we go baby!

No comments: