Monday, March 14, 2011

when the cat's away

Jon is at a week-long conference in Sun Valley, Idaho so it's just me and P. Although I miss him like crazy when he's away, there are a few perks to this temporary single status. Here are a few of my favorite things...

* I get the entire bed to myself which is pretty nice during this stage of pregnancy when I can't seem to get comfortable.

* I don't have to cook. Not that I do any kind of great cooking when he's here but I really get to slack off when he's away.

* I can watch TV live instead of having to DVR it which is a big deal with all the crappy shows I am hooked on.

* I can talk my mom into coming out for some "reinforcement" aka shopping and pedicures.

* I can leave the lid of the toilet up at night which helps with the frequent middle-of-the-night potty breaks.

* I can make 3 trips to redbox in two days and bring home 4 girly movies to watch during nap time.

* I can drive his car which has way more trunk space than mine.

Here's to my week of a few things I don't always get to enjoy when the hubby is around.

No comments: