Sunday, October 9, 2011

up, up & away

The 2011 Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta just wrapped up and we enjoyed several days of really exciting balloon events. My folks came out back in 2009 and were hooked right away. They made the trip again this year and showed us the ins and outs of the fiesta. Presley loved it all! The weather was wonderful the first day of the event and we had a great time watching close to 350 balloons take off within an hour. The only down side to the fiesta is that you have to get up around 4:30 am to make it through traffic and get to the field where the balloons take off. By 10:30 you are ready for lunch an a nap! The first year my parents attended the fiesta, my mom took about 800 pictures. I can totally see why. It's such an amazing experience getting to walk amongst the balloons and watch them fill the sky. Here are some of my favorite pictures of the fiesta.














My mom celebrated her 60th birthday during the visit.
We celebrated by taking a walk across the Rio Grande.



You can't really tell from this picture but there were probably 50 balloons still up in the air.
They looked like tiny blow up balloons.



Landon doesn't really like to take naps in his bed anymore but will sleep for hours in the swing. I am so worried that he is going to fall out on his face so...

No comments: