Tuesday, August 21, 2012

saved by the bell

I have some major catching up to do about our move and what we've been doing these last several weeks, but I wanted to go ahead and do our back-to-school post. I started looking for a preschool for the kids back in the spring and already found waiting lists all over town. I had my mom take a tour of Second Presbyterian Preschool and she gave it a thumbs up. Both kids had spots so I jumped on it. We had open house last week and Presley and Landon both have several wonderful teachers. Presley will be going on MWF and Landon goes on MW. The first day of school was yesterday. The school Presley went to in Albuquerque started at 9:30 so I never really felt rushed to get stuff together and out of the house. School now starts at 8:30 and I have TWO kiddos to organize so I definitely have to be on my A game. They both had a great first day. Neither of them took a nap but hopefully that will come. This is the first time since Landon was born that we have spent any kind of time apart so I was a little anxious about this separation. The teacher told me he was fabulous and one of the most chill kids in the class (I knew he would do great). I still have a lot to do around the house so I appreciated the kid-free hours to get some stuff done. We are all looking forward to a great year at Second Presbyterian Preschool!

 Picking out our clothes the night before.

 Playing in Landon's classroom during open house.

 All new toys!

 First day!


 There are 3 Landon's in the same class!

 He never wears shoes so they were a little distracting.

 Still got a grip on the shoes.


1 comment:

The Cornelisons said...

We've never heard a bad thing about second pres...ever. So awesome to have some kid free time during the day. I've only got MDO on Tuesdays..I'm counting the days till middle G starts preschool next August!!