Tuesday, June 3, 2014

cha cha cha

Presley's big dance recital was last Friday night. I was a little worried that she would get a case of stage fright and all the practices, costume and money would be a waste. At the rehearsal on Thursday night she turned it on and all my worries were put to rest. She really got into the whole costume, makeup, backstage stuff, and quite frankly, so did I. I performed 14 dance recitals at Robinson Auditorium so once again I got to experience a case of mother-daughter nostalgia. It's especially special because the auditorium is about to undergo a major renovation and won't look like it did when I stood in the wings all those years ago. We'll see if dance becomes her thing. For now we'll celebrate the end of her first dance season and our little performer.

 


No comments: