Tuesday, January 12, 2010

i'm a survivor

Today was Presley's first day at Moms Day Out. We are taking her to the same church we attend thinking that being a familiar environment will make things easier. I dropped her off screaming and crying and walked away before my own tears could start. I got a call from the director a while later saying she had calmed down and was doing fine. Jon and I went and picked her up a little early and found her happily playing. I snapped a quick picture before she saw us and headed our way. I didn't do much with my first day of freedom. Somehow taking an extra long shower and enjoying the quiet time seemed enough for me. I will start my to-do list to tackle on Thursday.

Having a little breakfast before her big day.

Cheese!

More big smiles.

Ok, one more.

Picking out the same toys we have at home.

1 comment:

The Cornelisons said...

Trust me, it's way harder on you than it is on her. Before you know she'll just wave bye bye at you and head in there like you're nothing - breaks my heart every time!!! But the alone time is awesome, something to be cherished for sure.