Wednesday, August 18, 2010

how 'bout them apples

I have recently developed a great love for fresh produce. Most folks know that I am not a huge fan of vegetables, but when it comes to fruit, well I like just about everything. This was my 4th trip to the local apple orchard, and I can't help but smile as think about how things have changed. Our first trip was shortly after we arrived in Lubbock nearly five years ago. We also went when I was pregnant with Pres, and then when Pres was much too little to enjoy the bounty of the orchard. Well, I would say she got to enjoy this trip; my little girls eyes lit up while running the tree-lined rows picking up every apple she came across. It was a beautiful day and there were big, beautiful apples for miles. I tried to control myself but found every apple bigger and better looking than the last. Like most trips to a pick-your-own place, my eyes were much bigger than my stomach and my cookbook. We ended up with about 8 pounds of apples minus a few ounces for the one Presley finally picked out to munch on. Time to get my Martha Stewart on...



Isn't it interesting that you can take something so wholesome and healthy, add lots of butter and sugar, and make it into something soooo bad for you?!?

No comments: