Monday, August 30, 2010

sew long summer

What's behind door #1?

My sewing closet.

It's actually home to that interesting octagonal window.
Sorry about the snow scape. I only seem to take pictures of the outside of our house when there's snow.

I have spent a lot of this summer perfecting my meager sewing skills. I still get pretty frustrated with the wording associated with patterns but I am slowly getting better. I consider myself more of a craft sewer but am looking forward to improving my clothing sewing. After all, Presley is sure to need a wedding dress one day...maybe, NOT!
Here are a few of my summer projects.

A big box that only weighed about 3 lbs. What's inside?

Bean Bag filling. For...

Presley's personal bean bag floor pillow.

On top of the mountain.


And some baby gifts.
Tag blankets, burp cloths, paci clips, & bibs.


Since I am all girl around here, I thought I would take a stab at something boyish.


2 comments:

The Cornelisons said...

Ok, love love love the bean bag!!!! We bought Greyson one from Pottery Barn ages ago, realized just how ridiculous it was that we spent so much on it and now have 2 other little boys who will want one. And the boy onesies - hello, send one my way with an invoice in the bag...ADORABLE!!!! I wish I had paid a bit more attention in home ec all those years ago so that I had a clue how to sew.

Unknown said...

Go girl! It all looks awesome! Wish you had been around when I was trying to modify a pattern for Riley's halloween costume - disaster.