Tuesday, April 24, 2012

albu-quirky

I always enjoy discovering all the quirky things about the places we live. In Lubbock, it was learning about the west Texas winds and raining mud. I have been patiently waiting for Albuquerque to reveal it's hidden quirks and the time has come. The landlord came by to fix something and mentioned that he would be back soon to replace the air filter after the cottonwood trees were done "doing their thing". I didn't think much of that comment but come last Saturday I got a first hand experience of what the cottonwoods do. About 5 miles north of our neighborhood, the sky was filled with blowing "cotton". It literally looked like it was snowing. I haven't actually looked into the technical aspects of this process but understand that once the cottonwood trees bloom, the blooms blow off and look like puffs of cotton. I didn't have my camera with me on Saturday but I made sure to tote it with me today so I could share this little Albu-quirky.



No comments: