Friday, April 27, 2012

our favorite visitor

Retirement has it's advantages. I am sure my mom can list quite a few but my favorite is definitely that she can pick up and come out to Albuquerque to help me with the kids when Jon is away. Jon was heading to Arizona for 4 days so Mimi to the rescue. It's always so nice to have her help and we usually find lots of fun things to do while she visits. I got tons of sewing done and we even managed to sew Presley a new dress without killing each other. Note to self: just because a pattern indicates that it's "Easy to Sew" does not mean that it's easy to sew! Mimi took Presley to her first real movie. They went to see Beauty and and Beast in 3D. Mom was worried that I would want to experience this first with Pres, but I had a feeling it was going to be a complete disaster and therefore was all the more willing to let my mom take the lead. To my surprise, Presley was great and loved every minute of it. Looks like movie going will be a future activity for our family. Landon was not left out and learned to say "mama" and clap thanks to Mimi. The week flew by and soon it was time for "Mimi to go back to Arkansas and check on Poppie". There's no one else like our Mimi and we are so grateful for her willingness to come such a long way to stay and play with us.
 







No comments: