Sunday, November 4, 2012

under the sea halloween

After stressing out the last several years while making Halloween costumes, I was totally prepared to buy everything this year. Presley finally decided she wanted to be Ariel and I began my search for a decent mermaid costume. Everything I saw looked ratty and cheap and not very mermaid-ish so I found myself at the fabric store with my anxiety in tow. The kids were at school and my mom was picking them up so I had a few hours alone to get the ball rolling. I dove in taking a break for bed and baths and was back at it until close to 1:00am. My mom saved the day by putting the zipper in and doing all the finishing work and in less than 24 hours the mermaid was ready to go! Next was a crab costume for Mr. Landon. I ordered the hat and made some "legs" to sew on his shirt. Luckily that was all that was required to create a crab.

The kids got to go to two church carnivals and had a great time running around, playing games and raking in the candy.

Happy Halloween 2012!


 Our first horseback ride!

 The new three muskateers!




No comments: