Tuesday, June 4, 2013

shhh, what's the sound?

That would be the sound of silence. After a two week break from school, the kids are back in summer "school" which means I finally have time to accomplish the millions of things on my to-do list. When I first signed them up for the Tuesday - Thursday program, I felt a little guilty, but after two weeks at home with both of them, I was counting down the hours until it was time for them to start. It's
H-A-R-D to entertain kids all day, every day. We did get to do lots of fun things during our time together and with a few days off each week, there will be plenty of time to have lots more summer fun.

One of the fun things we got to do was visit a strawberry patch. One of my favorite things about summer is farmers markets and all the fresh fruit and veggie offerings. I have been looking for a place to pick strawberries for quite some time. A friend of mine finally found one so we loaded up the car for a 40 minute drive and a day full of fun. The berries were great! They were really pretty and super delicious. Presley loves strawberries but Landon doesn't really like them. That is, until he had them straight off the vine. He couldn't get enough. I was worried that the less-than-friendly lady supervising the picking was going to get on to us but she let him be. I managed to control myself and only come home with a little more than a pound of berries. My eyes are always bigger than my fridge space and recipe collection when it comes to you-pick places.


 

 
 

No comments: