Thursday, April 28, 2011

one little monkey jumping out of bed

I had convinced myself that it would be a few more months until it was time to jump this hurdle with Presley, but here it is. At our 2 year appointment, the doctor warned us about Presley crawling out of the crib. I had never seen her even show interest in this task so I just blew it off. Well, to my surprise, I walked into her room on Saturday morning to find her outside of the crib. I still use a monitor in her room and didn't remember hearing a thud or any kind of crying and she didn't appear to be nursing any wounds. So I told Jon about it and still brushed it off as a once off thing. She was tucked safely in her bed Sunday morning so I thought we were good to go. Jon went to get her up after her afternoon nap on Sunday to find her happily playing, once again, outside of the crib. We bounced her back in bed and cheered her on to show us how she got out but she just looked at us like she had no idea what we were talking about. Needless to say, we had to address the issue. They have these net things you can put over the top of the crib but we agreed it was a waste of money given her age and the fact that she was probably ready for a toddler bed. Luckily our crib is a convertible one so we removed the front and now she is free to come and go as she pleases. We cleaned out most of the drawers and are hoping our threats will keep her in bed as much as possible.

1 comment:

The Cornelisons said...

How fun and scary at the same time! We haven't moved Griffin yet, but the time is drawing near. GOOD LUCK!!!