Monday, September 3, 2012

30 days of pins: day 3

YOU'VE GOT MAIL

I am still a big fan of snail mail and I look forward to my daily trek out to the mailbox. What I actually do with the contents once I get inside the house varies from day to day. I thought making a designated place to put the mail each day would be a great addition to our kitchen, and seeing as it's not something bolted down, I can move it around until I find the perfect spot to put it.

The credit:
http://www.charlottesinc.com/Jayes-Mail-Bucket_p_136.html


The process:
I liked this idea a lot but didn't have nearly enough spare time on my hands to do the chevron pattern, and I don't own a cricut so I opted to just stamp on the letters.

The change:
I kept things really simple.

The checkbook:
The tub cost me $7 at Hobby Lobby.
I already owned the stamps and paint.

The bottom line:
This is a very versatile idea that would lend itself to lots of patterns/lettering.

1 comment:

The Cornelisons said...

I have a cricut if you ever need anything :)