Wednesday, September 12, 2012

30 days of pinterest: day 12

CROCK RANCH CHOPS & TATERS

I have a recipe almost exactly like this for chicken and we eat it all the time, so I thought I would venture out and try it with the other white meat.

The credit:
http://www.chef-in-training.com/2011/10/ranch-house-crock-pot-pork-chops-and-parmesan-mashed-potatoes/



The process:
After reading a few of the reviews complaining about not enough gravy, I decided to add about 1/2 cup of milk to the ranch/cream of chicken mixture. (I do this with my chicken recipe.) My crock seems to cook really hot so to keep things from sticking too bad, I always spray it with cooking spray.

The change:
Adding the 1/2 cup of milk. (In the end, we had more than enough gravy.) I also didn't mess with any kind of garlic in the potatoes.

The checkbook:
I splurged and spent about $5 on 2 really nice bone-in chops that were close to 2 inches thick.

The bottom line:
This was a mouth watering idea. The chops turned out tender, fall-off-the-bone perfect. I get what some reviewers were saying about it tasting a little on the salty side. I think you could get away with 1/2 packet of ranch. We will definitely be having these tasty chops at our house again.

No comments: