Sunday, September 9, 2012

30 days of pins: day 9

KNOCK, KNOCK

I love the look of a wreath on a front door. There's just something so southern and welcoming about them. I tried to make a burlap wreath a while back sans instructions and it was a disaster. I decided to give it another go and had much better results this time.

The credit:
http://topthistopthat.blogspot.com/2012/03/easiest-burlap-wreath-you-will-ever.html



The process:
The instructions were a little confusing as to how to loop the burlap through the wire wreath. It took me several tries before I figured it out. Taking the burlap and pushing/pulling it through the back of the wire wreath was the key. Once I started doing it this way, I was finished with the entire wreath in a matter of 5 minutes. It was easy to fluff the loops once I was done to give the wreath a finished look.

The checkbook:
I spent a little more than I expected on this project. The wire wreath and burlap cost me close to $20 at Hobby Lobby. (They were out of the burlap the week it was on sale - of course!) The razorback is a magnet that I spent $10 on. If the wreath holds up, I should be able to use it as a base for other holiday/seasonal themes which will make my $20 worth it. We'll always be Hog fans so once we are finished using the razorback on the wreath we can slap it on one of our cars. I am pretty good at justifying my over-spending, huh?!
     Total: $30

The bottom line:
I am really happy I ran across a tutorial on how to make this wreath. It's a crafty idea that will add some warmth and fun to our new front door.


No comments: