Monday, September 24, 2012

30 days of pinterest: day 24

THE SHIRT OFF MY BACK

I have 3 pins in process so it's now after 9 pm and I am rushing around to actually complete one today. Thanks to my mom and a trip to the Dollar Tree, I am stocked with t-shirts that I can chop, sew and manipulate in whatever way I choose. Perfect for this pin...

The credit:
http://psimadethis.com/post/660172583/we-are-all-giddy-and-ruffling-our-feathers-to-kick



The process:
The instructions were pretty simple. I thought about using my machine to do the stitching but decided to hand stitch like the directions said. My ruffle didn't quite turn out the same. I think if I would have sewed lower on the ruffle it would have been a closer match to the original.

The change:
No changes

The checkbook:
I used one of my newly acquired $1 t-shirts.

The bottom line:
This is a whip it out in 20 minutes or less kind of idea (thank goodness, cause now it's close to 10 pm!). I am not big on wearing things that require a special bra (TMI) but this ditty is cute enough that I might go to the extra effort. For long-term use, I would probably opt to use my machine to stitch the ruffle in place.



No comments: