Wednesday, September 19, 2012

30 days of pinterest: day 19

LET'S GO LEGOS

I LOVED playing with legos when I was a kid. I know there will come a day when Presley & Landon will spend hours playing with them so why not go ahead and make one of these. Of course, I will probably need to make a second one in the future to avoid major fights.

The credit:
http://thatsmyletter.blogspot.com/2012/06/l-is-for-lego-tray-2.html


The process:
I didn't want to spend a lot of money on this project so I tried to utilize what I had on hand modifying the original design as needed. My dad was a BIG help with this one and even got to try out his new pocket hole tool.

The change:
Per my statement above, I used 3/4 plywood. The grey lego base board was 3 times the price of the green and blue pieces so I just left it out. I wish I would have had the base boards in my possession before building the tray because I would have tried to modify my wood measurements to fit the lego base boards so I wouldn't have had to do so much cutting on the lego base boards. Also the 3/4 plywood is a little on the heavy side. That's probably why the original design called for 1/2 plywood.

The checkbook:
After scrounging up all the wood, screws, and handles I was only out $13 for the lego base boards.

The bottom line:
This is a practical idea and one that I hope my kids will utilize for years to come.





No comments: