Friday, September 28, 2012

30 days of pinterest: day 28

HANGING AROUND

I needed something for our dining room and thought this would be perfect.

The credit:
http://dittledattle.blogspot.com/2010/09/halloween-sign-free-download.html




The process:
I took various sizes of canvas painted the edges and modge podged scrapbook paper to them (1 layer to glue the paper on and then 2 layers on top of the paper). Then I used cardstock to cut out the letters and glued them to the canvas using a glue stick. I taped ribbon to the back of each canvas to hang them on the rod making sure that the bottom of all the canvases lined up. The previous owner left some brackets on the wall so I tried to use them to hang the rod. Like the original blogger, I found that the canvas looked really funny hanging that far out from the wall. I took the brackets down and used robe hooks instead to hold the rod up.

The change:
Instead of old pieces of moulding like the original blogger used, I opted for canvas. It was lighter and I didn't have to mess with cutting a bunch of wood.

The checkbook:
This project got kind of pricey. I spent $40 on the canvas, paper, ribbon and hardware to hang the rod.

The bottom line:
This is a looks expensive but it's not idea (if you don't consider $40 expensive.) It looks a little off with ours hanging so high but I have a new buffet/sideboard on my furniture wish list which will go right under this and make it look way better.


No comments: