Saturday, September 22, 2012

30 days of pinterest: day 22

DEEP BREATH

I love the smell of Vicks vapor chest rub. If these things could make my entire shower into a Vicks steam capsule, count me in.

The credit:
http://beingfrugalbychoice.blogspot.com/2012/03/homemade-vicks-vapor-shower-disks.html


The process:
The author offered two methods to make the shower disks. I opted for the baked version since I was making them at my moms house. I used 1 cup of baking soda and a little more than 1/3 cup of water. I lined 6 cupcakes and filled each one equally. I baked them at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

The change:
Instead of essential oils, I added several drops of some Vicks menthol medication you add to humidifiers. The pucks soaked it up so I thought it would be ok. Maybe not...

The checkbook:
All supplies on hand except for the cupcake liners which I snagged from mom free of charge. $0

The bottom line:
I'm not really sure where I went wrong with these. Could have been something in the measuring, baking, vapor oil stuff or the fact I stored them in a ziplock bag overnight. Whatever I did, this pin did not work for me. The disks were wet and fell apart completely. I like this potentially possible idea but probably won't take the time to try it again.





No comments: