Friday, September 7, 2012

30 days of pinterest: day 7

BUCKET TOY STORAGE

This was one of the first things I ever pinned and it has been patiently waiting for me to tackle it.

The credit:
http://sleekidentity.com/



The process:
I was walking into Michael's and saw their sand buckets in a bin outside. This pin immediately came to mind. I knew the buckets in the picture were a larger size but thought I would try it out with the smaller ones to see if it even functioned.

The change:
I used sand pails instead of larger buckets. I used a hand saw to remove the handle tab things on the side of the pail that was attached to another pail. I drilled holes using an electric drill just below the sawed off tabs.

The checkbook:
I caught the pails at a whopping .20 each so $1.20 for the 6 and .75 for a bundle of 10 zipties.
     Total: $2

The bottom line:
I can't wait to try this creative idea out with larger buckets. You have to be sure you select pretty sturdy bucket so they can hold up to the weight of themselves plus toys.


No comments: