Tuesday, September 11, 2012

30 days of pinterest: day 11

CHEESY DORITO CRUNCH

I think a lot of folks have a version of this recipe and I know I have eaten it before, but I have never personally made it. I LOVE Mexican food and everything on this list of ingredients.

The credit:
http://www.jamhands.net/2008/12/mexican-chicken-casserole.html



The process:
I followed the recipe exactly using boiled chicken thighs for the shredded chicken. I didn't have taco seasoning so I made my own using this recipe. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/taco-seasoning-i/

The change:
My mom was over to indulge in this tasty creation and we agreed on two things. 1) You could omit the taco seasoning if you didn't have any since the doritos have their own spices. 2) You could use regular tortilla chips if you didn't want to buy doritos. If you chose this option, including the taco seasoning would be necessary.

The checkbook:
We had all the ingredients except for the doritos on hand.

The bottom line:
This was a de-lish idea and one that I will definitely make again. Both of the kids chowed down which is the sign of a good meal!






No comments: