Saturday, September 29, 2012

30 days of pinterest: day 29

I DID IT MY WAY SCARF

The credit:
http://www.comeonilene.com/2011/10/17/american-apparel-circle-scarf-knock-off-tutorial/



The process:
I found some fabric I liked at Wal-Mart and decided to go ahead and get it even though it wasn't 100% knit. It had a little stretch to it and I liked the pattern. I thought I would be sewing the fabric in half so I didn't think that it would matter that the pattern was only on one side of the fabric. This was my first mistake...assuming that I knew what the directions were going to have me do. They did not in fact have me sewing the fabric in half, (well, at least not in the direction I expected to) so when I sewed the way the blogger said to, you could see a lot of the unprinted side of my fabric. I decided to take it from here and ventured out on a long journey of sew, cut, think, redo. I can't even begin to describe the steps I took to complete my scarf but let's just say I'm glad the kids were gone because I couldn't put it down until I figured it out, 2 hours later!

The change:
Too many to count.

The checkbook:
$8 for fabric at Wal-Mart for 2 scarves.

The bottom line:
This is a it would have been so simple if I'd bought the right fabric idea. I still love what I ended up with but next time will take the time to get the knit fabric suggested.

Where is Jon when I need a self-picture?!?!

No comments: